Life and all that...
I have been getting flak for not updating my blog often enough. It is true that I have felt like most of the people who check my blog, either get my Facebook updates, or talk on a regular basis, but for those of you who don't, life has been very hectic this year. We found out at the end of January, that my dad had a problem with his spine that would require surgical intervention. First came the actually surgery, and then the trouble of trying help a Dr used to going 24/7/365 understand the terms bed rest, and chair rest, and NO, that does not mean you can get up on the roof to clean out the gutters without telling people...
The day before my dad's surgery, my brother emailed us to let us know my sister-in-law was going to be induced three weeks early because of concerns that the baby wasn't gaining enough weight, so we had a fun time juggling getting folks to two separate hospitals four states apart, and trying to be there for Dad and get Mom to Blacksburg to the blessed event of her first grandson. I became an Aunt (for real, as some of you told me) on March 26th, when Jason Andrew arrived. Jason finally made it home after a week in the NICU/hospital for some breathing issues and jaundice, and I got to meet him on my birthday:-D
The rest of this year has been spent with major home renovation project (we are three months into, and only about 60% through,) travel, family weddings & baby showers, babysitting my nephew, helping friends with painting and of course, normal life like work...so that is the update for now.
Hope everyone is enjoying summer as much as I am. I love the heat (particularly after all the snow this winter. In PA with one final snow storm to go, we were 3" short of the all time snowiest winter record. The last storm blew the snow around so much it was impossible to get an accurate snowfall measurement.)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home