Monday, July 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy...


This has summed up my life for the past few months.  Lots of travel, lots of fun events with family and friends.  At the beginning of May, I went on work related trip to San Antonio and fell in love with the City.  We went down to the Riverwalk on two different nights, and of course stopped by the Alamo.  One of the most surprising things to me about San Antonio was the humidity, which I hadn't expected, but I was luckier than most of the other attendees in that I grew up with the heat and humidity so it didn't bother me nearly as much as some of the others on the trip.  Even better, was that I was able to visit friends while in TX.  L and S picked me up at the airport, and we were able to have a girls' night out to celebrate L's birthday (thanks to N and A).  On Saturday, L and I were able to go into the Kimball Art Museum in Dallas and see the exhibit on Art and Love in Renaissance Italy.  A lot of the pieces were owned by the Medici, so having been World History students of Dr. S, found the connections fascinating.
MB was tied up for most of the weekend due to campaign work, but the S family had all the rest of us over for dinner Saturday night and we had a great time catching up, discussing all THE news, political philosophy, the virtues/drawbacks to camping, and whether there is any merit to the Twilight books.
(Nora introduces N to Richard Scarry books.)

The weekend after San Antonio, James graduated with his PhD from VT (he managed to have a 4.0 in his classwork and no punch list when he , so we went down to help celebrate.  Andrew's fiancee, Liv, was also able to join the party.
June was filled with a lot of work on plans for Andrew and Liv's wedding, and then Liv's introductory visit to PA, followed by the 4th, a resting weekend at home, and then the wedding.


Clowning around waiting for our hair appointments.
Sisters:-)
The younger Mrs. L and elder Mrs. L.

The wedding was a great time to see old friends, though of course, not quite enough time to visit as one would wish.
I was really upset that this was out of focus.  It looked great in the preview screen...however, after all J and J's help getting the hospitality room packed up, I took them on a quick tour of the VT campus and we stopped by the We Remember/April 16th Memorial (this pic is from the top of War Memorial Chapel looking out over the Drill Field.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Persiflage said...

The Alamo? wow, I'm jealous - I've always wanted to go there and see it. Someday ...

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home