Saturday, December 20, 2008

My latest afghan...

Most of you can disregard this post, but several people wanted to see pictures of my latest afghan project. I used a varigated yarn from Lion Brand, with a base color of chocolate brown interspersed with magenta, teal and royal purple. For some reason, the photos makes it look red, instead of magenta, and didn't pick up the brown.

The afghan was an "I wonder if..." project where I started by creating a corner, like the point of a shawl, and then kept increasing on on both sides until one of the legs of the triangle was as wide as the afghan needed to be. Then, I continued to increase one side, and decreased on the other, creating the length of the afghan. Once it was long enough, I decreased on both sides creating the last corner. (See diagram below.) Because the yarn was varigated, it created diagonal stripes of varying widths without all the hassle of having to change skeins of yarn and work the ends in.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Heart said...

I love it!! That makes so much sense seeing your diagram!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home