Auntie Ceil and Me by Kate
KATE: Mommy said that since Aunt Stephanie was getting married, we needed to get on a plane for a really long time. I was a very good baby on the trip, and though I didn't sleep very much, I rarely cried. Mommy said she was so proud.
At the end of the ride, Aunt Stephanie and soon-to-be Uncle Shannon met me at the airport and then took me to met Grandpa, Grandma and Auntie Lexie for the first time. After the wedding, we rode for a long time to a cold place with bright red and orange trees called Pennsylvania.
After all the wedding excitment, it was good to rest, though all these people kept coming to see me. On Monday night, I met my Auntie Ceil. I visited with my Auntie for a long time, but suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open, so Mommy said I needed to nap. After I took a long nap, I let Aunt Ceil hold me for a very long time. She and Mommy talked and talked...for HOURS!!! You would think they hadn't seen each other in ever so long.
I put on my best behavior for Aunt Ceil and impressed her by how independent I was. I am not a fan of cuddling, but she let me play with my toys or naw on my book, and so I sat as quietly as a mouse. She thought I was really funny because while I hated to smile for pictures, I would start giggling as soon as they put the camera away. [Check out the photo of us below. Mommy and Grandma were trying to get pictures of Auntie Ceil and me, and I suddenly realized that I have a passion for football. (Grandpa, who is from Boston, is already teaching me to say GO PATRIOTS!!! Aunt Beth thinks college football is better, but I just think it is all exciting.)] Mommy said she got some good pictures, but for now, Grandma and Daddy's pictures on Aunt Ceil's camera will have to do.
GO PATRIOTS!!!
Who is giggling? I don't see anyone giggling, except my Mommy.
GO PATRIOTS!!!
Who is giggling? I don't see anyone giggling, except my Mommy. I am already an expert at hiding my silly side from the camera.

Mommy, and me, and my Auntie Ceil. So sleepy...I don't think I can keep my eyes open another minute.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home