Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Numbers

I was on the phone with a constituent the yesterday. All of the sudden she said, where did you say you went to school again, Country Day (a prestigious, local, private school)? I certainly never would have said I went there as I am not originally from the district and certainly didn't go there. What prompted this sudden interest? Apparently, I pronounced nineteen correctly when giving out a number. According to the constituent, most people don't these days, and she almost died from surprise at hearing it correctly. Randomness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

How do they pronounce it?

9:55 AM  
Blogger Ceil said...

I am getting confused trying to over analyze it, but I think they must be slurring the syllables together so that the "t" almost has a "d" sound, whereas I use a pretty hard "t" and the syllables are crisp.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home