A Miss Cornelia Moment...
I hurt my foot a week ago, and as the pain seemed to be getting worse, I went to the doctor today to have it looked at.
In the midst of the description of my symptoms, I explained that today while wearing sensible flats, my foot had hurt much more than yesterday, when I wore ridiculous high heels. While discussing treatment options, he glared at my sensible dress shoes and said that I really should be wearing something with a rounder toe and more support for the next few weeks until it heals, something like sneakers.
The doctor is a friend of my dad's, and for just a moment I wondered if he had paid attention at all to my answer when I told him what I am doing for work now. Somehow, I don't think sneakers would pass dress code muster. For just a fleeting moment, I had a Miss Cornelia moment, that it was "'just like a man' to think that flats didn't qualify as sensible dress shoes."
In the midst of the description of my symptoms, I explained that today while wearing sensible flats, my foot had hurt much more than yesterday, when I wore ridiculous high heels. While discussing treatment options, he glared at my sensible dress shoes and said that I really should be wearing something with a rounder toe and more support for the next few weeks until it heals, something like sneakers.
The doctor is a friend of my dad's, and for just a moment I wondered if he had paid attention at all to my answer when I told him what I am doing for work now. Somehow, I don't think sneakers would pass dress code muster. For just a fleeting moment, I had a Miss Cornelia moment, that it was "'just like a man' to think that flats didn't qualify as sensible dress shoes."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home