Thursday, April 06, 2006

Those of you who have been worried about my mental state this past week will be glad to know that I took a break tonight, and went to my very first opening day ever. I have been to tons of games, but this was the first opening day. It was a classic baseball game, slow for most of the game, our team was losing, it was the top of the ninth, the crowd had dwindled to only a quarter of its original size and then in 5 beautiful seconds, the momentum shifted in our direction. A solid hit, backed up by a double, which sent the runner home. The game was tied 1-1, and went into nervewracking extra innings. We were constantly up on our feet for the last inning, which seemed to take an eternity. In the end, the plays were made, the game was won, my hoarse throat has been soothed by a mocha and there was some joy in Mudville, afterall:-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I'm SOOOOO envious!!!

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home