Saturday, January 21, 2006

Randomness...

Yes, I know. I have to be up in less than 6 hours to drive to NOVA for a very full day, but true to form, I decided to update my side bars to include my obvious obsession with cherry trees, along with several other links.

Check out Peter's Playpen (renamed Playpages). The site is run by one of my older brothers friends, and he collects some of the funniest ads. Among my favorites, Eating Your Own Kind, Apple-Crash Different, Japp Chocolate, Bluefish (Mocking Budweiser), and Fox Regional Sports-Turkey. Also, an audio clip for all you ladies ever frustrated with auto mechanics...

We had our staff retreat today, and my boss was encouraging us to read a lot, including setting monthly goals for yourself. He read 18 full-length books last year, beating his goal by 6. I haven't agreed to any such goals, though did recently enjoy reading the Admirable Crichton by J.M. Barrie. For any of the more philosophically inclined, this play (very playfully) examines arguments about the progressive notion of an ideal class-less society conflicting with state-of-nature. If any of you do read it or have read it, I would be interested in hearing your commentary.

Anyway, hope to see many of you tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home