Sunday, January 29, 2006

I have probably assured the end of our "hot January" streak of 50+ degree weather, but I thoroughly enjoyed my first iced mocha of the year during our weekend traditional 3 mile hike through the neighborhood (conveniently going past our local Starbucks).

It also became very obvious that I am still a Southerner in a land of yankees when I was the only one in short sleeves. We saw lots of people while we were out, but they were all wearing jackets, wraps, or down vests. Come on, people! Enjoy the weather!!!
~~~~
Also I felt positively euphoric later this afternoon, when shopping in our local Boscov's, I found a velvet skirt I had agonized over buying last fall but felt it was still a little too expensive, now marked down 75% and then another pair of nice dress pants for work, also 75% off. The cashier even paused when she saw the damage. After another special they were running, I got $128 worth of stuff for $28.12.
~~~~
It has been an unusual month. We have had a lot of company. My boss was in the district working almost everyday making my life a lot more hectic. The lovely warm weather. My family finally rejoining a local Episcopal Church. (A Reformed Episcopal, but not theology-wise. The REC broke off from the ECUSA about the time of the Civil War over slavery, though they use the 1928 BCP). My older brother moving back to PA after several years running Navy and White's web department to start his own web business.

On Thursday, I got an email from Mom in the middle of my work day, just FYI that my brother had invited a friend to work on a design project with him for the next two weeks and would be staying with us. ETA: Thursday night. Anyway, been fascinating as always to see how people adapt to the rampant teasing in our family. David, quieter than a mouse at first, has begun to venture into the conversation. (Small world isn't it? David was actually in the same OBCL class as Pauldin Boy. Graduated, passed the bar, and apparently decided he wasn't interested in practicing law, so is doing web design now.)

Random thoughts. It's late. What can I say?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home